Progesterone is the master female sex hormone and exists in both woman and men. However did you know that progesterone’s benefits, in both genders, don’t stop in the hormone department. Lets consider some of the other remarkable benefits that progesterone has in our body:
- Stimulating healthy thyroid function. A healthy thyroid helps things like energy, mood, hair and weight, all be at their best.
- Progesterone increases the metabolism, which is responsible for how were convert food to energy and thus aids to managing a healthy weight.
- Balances blood sugar levels
- Can normalize blood clotting, that means that progesterone is helpful to more than just cramping during PMS, but clotting in the veins of both genders
- It stimulates the production of bone tissue cells, and helps with skin elasticity would like a little more on that
- Progesterone promotes healthy sleep patterns
- Helps gums stay healthy and strong
- Progesterone is a natural diuretic
- Progesterone is known as the happy hormone it has also been shown to decrease depression and anxiety. Progesterone inhibits a chemical in the brain that is responsible for breaking down serotonin while enhancing the serotonin receptors. Serotonin is the feel good brain chemical. *On a side note to the brain, studies are being conducted that have shown that progesterone supports the normal development of neurons in the brain, and that the hormone has a protective effect on damaged brain tissue.